Global Advanced Research Journal of Agricultural Science (GARJAS) ISSN: 2315-5094
January 2014 Vol. 3(1): pp. 016-023
Copyright © 2014 Global Advanced Research Journals
Full Length Research Paper
Production and quality of forage cane based on variety, row spacing and time of harvest
Luciana Boulhosa Fabris1, José Salvador Simoneti Foloni2, *Diego Henriques Santos3, Juliano Carlos Calonego4, Paulo Claudeir Gomes da Silva5, Sandro Roberto Brancalião6
(1) Master in Agronomy, ETEC Prof. Dr. Antônio Eufrásio de Toledo - Technical School. Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 561, PO Box 3099, Zip Code 19055020, Presidente Prudente, São Paulo, Brazil.
(2) PhD Researcher, EMBRAPA - Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (National Soybean Research Center). Rodovia Carlos João Strass, PO Box 231, Zip Code 86001970, Londrina, Paraná State, Brazil.
(3) PhD in Agriculture, CODASP - Companhia de Desenvolvimento Agrícola de São Paulo. Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 564, Zip Code 19053205, Presidente Prudente, São Paulo State, Brazil.
(4) PhD in Agriculture, UNOESTE - University of Western São Paulo. Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 572, Zip Code 19067175. Presidente Prudente, São Paulo State, Brazil.
(5) Master in Agronomy, UNOESTE - University of Western São Paulo. Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 572, Zip Code 19067175. Presidente Prudente, São Paulo State, Brazil.
(6) PhD Researcher, IAC - Instituto Agronômico de Campinas (Sugarcane Canter). Rodovia Prefeito Antonio Duarte Nogueira, Km 321, PO Box 206, Zip Code 14001970, Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo State, Brazil.
Corresponding Author’s Email: email@example.com;
Accepted 27 November, 2013
The aim of the current study was to evaluate the productivity of biomass and the bromatologics attributes of two sugar cane varieties, distance between planting,and time of harvest. The experiment was conducted in Presidente Prudente in the state of São Paulo (Brazil). A randomized complete block design, with split subsub-division, was used. In the plots were installed planting spacings of 1.0 and 1.5 m, in the sub-plots IAC 862480 and RB867515 varieties, and sub sub-plots toharvest three times (180, 270 and 360 days). Variety IAC862480 was higher compared to RB867515 tillering, the spacing of 1.5 m better than 1.0 m. Productivityand the percentage yield of dry matter was higher in variety RB867515 harvested 360 days after planting. Spacing of 1.0 m for variety RB867515 resulted in greater productivity compared to the other variety and spacings evaluated. Crude protein, ash, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, total digestible nutrients and degrees Brix suffered interference of the date cutting sugarcane, with increased in the values.
Keywords: Sccharum spp., animal feed, bromatology.
- Luciana Boulhosa Fabris on Google Scholar
- Luciana Boulhosa Fabris on Pubmed
- José Salvador Simoneti Foloni on Google Scholar
- José Salvador Simoneti Foloni on Pubmed
- Diego Henriques Santos3 on Google Scholar
- Diego Henriques Santos3 on Pubmed
- Juliano Carlos Calonego on Google Scholar
- Juliano Carlos Calonego on Pubmed
- Paulo Claudeir Gomes da Silva on Google Scholar
- Paulo Claudeir Gomes da Silva on Pubmed
- S on Google Scholar
- S on Pubmed
- ro Roberto Brancalião on Google Scholar
- ro Roberto Brancalião on Pubmed