Global Advanced Research Journal of Agricultural Science (GARJAS) ISSN: 2315-5094
November 2015 Vol. 4(11): pp. 784-786
Copyright © 2015 Global Advanced Research Journals
Jelled Alochol: An Altnerative Medium for Three Dimentional Permanent Mounting of Arthropod specimens
Saeed El-Ashram1,2,3,4, Hongbin Liu5, Ibrahim Al Nasr6, Fathi Abouhajer7, Mohamed Amer4, Alyaa Atef4, Shourouk Ramadan4, Mohamed El-Faramawy4, Rehab Sheashaa4, Mohamed Egyla4, Ahmed El-Agmy4, Nada El-Gendy4, Mennatallah El-Nebary4, Zahraa Sorour4, Rasha Zayed4, Yousra Abd El-Salam4, Nada Nayel4, Shymaa Areef4, Rehab Abd El-Aziz4, Xianyong Liu1,2, Xun Suo 1,2,3,*
1 State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China.
2National Animal Protozoa Laboratory & College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China.
3Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemiology and Zoonosis of Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China.
4Faculty of Science, Kafr El-Sheikh University, Egypt.
5Department of Pharmacology, Hebei North University, Zhangjiakou, Hebei, China.
6College of Applied Health Sciences in arras, Qassim, Qassim University, Saudi
7Asmarya University for Islamic Sciences & College of Animal Sciences and Technology China Agricultural University.
Accepted 12 November, 2015
Although liquid preservation is the easiest way to keep the arthropods as they are; however, the specimens sink to the bottom and it becomes difficult to position them for studying the particular features. We here present an alternative permanent mounting procedure based on hair gel and absolute ethanol which provides a semi-solid preservation with an advantage of rightly positioned to study the three-dimensional geometric features for taxonomic identification. The method also provides least turbidity through efficient maceration. The method is efficient and least time consuming and can be adapted for 3-D taxonomic studies.
Keywords: Liquid preservation; Arthropods; Three-dimensional geometric shape; Hair gel.
- Saeed El-Ashram on Google Scholar
- Saeed El-Ashram on Pubmed
- Hongbin Liu on Google Scholar
- Hongbin Liu on Pubmed
- Ibrahim Al Nasr on Google Scholar
- Ibrahim Al Nasr on Pubmed
- Fathi Abouhajer on Google Scholar
- Fathi Abouhajer on Pubmed
- Mohamed Amer on Google Scholar
- Mohamed Amer on Pubmed
- Alyaa Atef on Google Scholar
- Alyaa Atef on Pubmed
- Shourouk Ramadan on Google Scholar
- Shourouk Ramadan on Pubmed
- Mohamed El-Faramawy on Google Scholar
- Mohamed El-Faramawy on Pubmed
- Rehab Sheashaa on Google Scholar
- Rehab Sheashaa on Pubmed
- Mohamed Egyla on Google Scholar
- Mohamed Egyla on Pubmed
- Ahmed El-Agmy on Google Scholar
- Ahmed El-Agmy on Pubmed
- Nada El-Gendy on Google Scholar
- Nada El-Gendy on Pubmed
- Mennatallah El-Nebary on Google Scholar
- Mennatallah El-Nebary on Pubmed
- Zahraa Sorour on Google Scholar
- Zahraa Sorour on Pubmed
- Rasha Zayed on Google Scholar
- Rasha Zayed on Pubmed
- Yousra Abd El-Salam on Google Scholar
- Yousra Abd El-Salam on Pubmed
- Nada Nayel on Google Scholar
- Nada Nayel on Pubmed
- Shymaa Areef on Google Scholar
- Shymaa Areef on Pubmed
- Rehab Abd El-Aziz on Google Scholar
- Rehab Abd El-Aziz on Pubmed
- Xianyong Liu on Google Scholar
- Xianyong Liu on Pubmed
- Xun Suo on Google Scholar
- Xun Suo on Pubmed
- on Google Scholar
- on Pubmed